Excursions around Lake Caldonazzo
Discover the Trentino region
The holiday paradise Lake Caldonazzo offers you many opportunities to experience nature and culture at its best! The proprietor of the hotel will give you hints and tips about individual day tours and has extensive information and material available for you.
- Antique church of S. Ermete: It is particularly worth visiting the church in Calceranica al Lago, built around 1000 A.D., which was built on a rock. It is the oldest church in the Valsugana area. The church tower is made in Early Roman style and the building itself is Roman-Gothic. It stands in very beautiful surroundings and offers simple forms of architecture.
- Caves of Castello Tesino: Over thousands of years, the stalactites and stalagmites have formed in this 400 metre long cave. They are truly fascinating in form and colour. A fairy-tale landscape!
- Historic roads: Hiking and biking on historic routes, the Via Claudia Augusta and the Via Brenta! Signposts along the way tell you all about the history of this region.
- Fortresses and war sites: Visit some of the war sites from World War I.
- Castles: The Trentino region has about 30 interesting and beautiful castles to offer!
- Arte Sella: Art and nature … made of wood, leaves, branches, stones and more. More information on Arte Sella
- Events: The towns and villages in the surrounding area run a number of attractive events. Experience the people and their culture!
- Trento: An excursion to Trento is a must during your holiday in this beautiful region! Particularly Castle Buonconsiglio (for centuries, it has been the residence of the Sovereigns/Bishops of Trento). It is also worth seeing the cathedral and the cathedral square, the houses with frescoes and a number of churches built during the time of the Council of Trento. Don’t forget to visit the market!!
- Verona, the city of Romeo & Giulietta, as well as the opera season.
- By train to Venice! A return journey from Calceranica to Venice only costs EURO 19,50.
- Lake Garda: A drive to Lake Garda is a must !!
Book your holiday to the Trentino now!